By Chef Ella Freyinger
This hummus is amped up with nutrients from the sprouting of the chickpeas. Full of dietary fiber, vitamins A, C and E, folate, potassium and iron.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sprouted chickpeas
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 4-5 tbsp water
- Kosher salt
- Add ingredients, except water, to a blender. Blend on high, adding the water as needed to reach a creamy consistency. Season to taste with salt.
- Serve with almond crackers, credited, flatbreads and olive oil. If you’re feeling frisky there are endless variations on this classic dish.
- BEET HUMMUS
- Add 1 whole roasted beet, 1 tsp ground cumin and another clove garlic.
- TURMERIC HUMMUS
- Add 1 tsp fresh grated turmeric and 1 tsp fresh grated ginger.
- GREEN GODDESS HUMMUS
- Add 1 ripe avocado and 1⁄2 cup fresh herbs.
- MUSHROOM HUMMUS
- Add 1⁄2 cup browned wild mushrooms.