By Chef Jo Ann Kim
Makes 1 pint
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 6 tbsp coffee grounds, like Cafe Du Monde
- 2 cup coconut cream, well chilled
- 14.8 oz coconut condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp rock salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract, alcohol based
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Rum
- 3 oz dark chocolate bar, chopped
- Rose petals to garnish
- Make coffee extract by simmering coffee grounds in coconut milk.
- Strain well and set aside the concentrated coffee extract to cool.
- Into a large bowl, whisk all ingredients together well and chill for about 45 minutes until very cold.
- Put base into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's directions.
- Add chopped chocolate about 2/3s way through the churning process.
- Garnish with rose petals when serving.