By Chef Ella Freyinger
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1” piece fresh turmeric
- 1” piece fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1⁄8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp honey
- Place almonds in a 32 oz jar and cover with water. Leave at room temperature overnight.
- Drain almonds and place in a blender. Add 5 cups spring or filtered water. Blend on high for 1 minute or until the mixture has become smooth. Strain through a nut bag making sure to squeeze all the liquid possible from the almond pulp.
- Place almond milk back into the blender with remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate and use to make delicious anti-inflammatory lattes, and healing elixirs by mixing with your favorite adaptogens.