By Chef Ella Freyinger
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 5 oz Flamingo Estate chocolates cut into small chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time making sure they are fully combined.
- Mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add it into the creamed mixture in 2 to 3 batches, mixing it until just combined. Mix in the oats and chocolate until just combined.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. They will be perfectly chewy, if you like a crisper cookie, cook for 14-15 minutes.