By Chef Jo Ann Kim
1 cup short grain rice, soaked
- 1/4 cup quinoa, soaked
- 1/4 cup barley or millet, soaked
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, well toasted
- 4 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 - 1 tsp salt
- Matcha furikake or crushed toasted nori to serve
- Rinse grains together and set aside.
- Add toasted pine nuts and 3 cups of water into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the rinsed grains to the pine milk and pulse to process into a coarse ground texture, about 5-10 seconds.
- Pour into a large pot along with 1 1/2 cups of water and bring to a low simmer, stirring regularly to prevent sticking. Season with salt to taste.
- Simmer on low for about 20 minutes until porridge is thick, and grains are well-cooked.
- Top with matcha furikake granola (see previous recipe) to serve.