By Chef Jo Ann Kim
- 4 Large Collard Green Leaves
- 1/3 cup Coconut vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup Red Quinoa
- 2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Creole Spice
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Red Beans, cooked
- 1/3 cup Parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Red Pickled Slaw Recipe
- Prepare the leaves by de-stemming them half-way, so that much of the thicker stem is removed.
- In a wide shallow pot, steam the leaves briefly for a few minutes until vibrant.
- Toss the collards in the brine to marinate for about 10 minutes, tossing regularly.
- Rinse and cook red quinoa with water, spices, herbs and salt until tender.
- Lay drained collard greens on a flat surface. Assemble wraps by scooping quinoa, red beans, parsley and pickled slaw into the middle of the collard greens. Roll while tucking in sides and ends into a compact wrap.
- Keeps well at room temperature.