By Chef Jo Ann Kim
- 6-7 large tomatoes
- 1 cup long grain rice, soaked
- 1/2 cup ground plant-meat
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp herbs de provence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup plus extra rosé
- chopped fresh mint and olive oil to serve
- Prepare tomatoes by slicing off tops, and carefully scooping out all the flesh, leaving the shell in tact. Save the tomato flesh and tops for later.
- Puree the tomato flesh and cook for about ten minutes, simmering on low with allspice, cumin and herbs de provence. Mix 1 cup of the cooked puree with the soaked rice, ground meat, salt, pepper, mint, melted butter and 1/4 cup rosé.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Fill tomato cups about 1/2 way full of the rice mixture. Top off with 1 tablespoon of wine and 1 tablespoon of water. Put tomato tops over each tomato shell. If you have remaining rice, bake separately in a small baking dish, topped off with extra liquid. Place stuffed tomatoes in a baking casserole and pour the remaining tomato puree along with a splash of water into the dish. Bake at 375 F for about 45-55 minutes until rice is tender. May add a tablespoon of water to each tomato cup if the rice seems dry, checking halfway in.
- Serve tomatoes topped with additional fresh mint and a drizzle of olive oil to serve.