By Chef Jo Ann Kim
- 1 cup black soy beans, soaked
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups water
- 4 - 6 oz thin asian style noodles
- 3 Persian cucumbers, shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, sliced
- Pickled radish slices (optional)
- Toasted sesame seeds & flaky salt to serve
- Sprouts, to serve
- Soak soy beans in water overnight in water to sprout.
- Rinse well and drain.
- In a large pot, put sprouted soybeans, a pinch of salt and ample water to cover. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then put beans, 1/3 cup bean cooking liquid, pine nuts, black sesame seeds, salt and 4 cups water into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Chill black soy milk broth for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, cook noodles according to directions, and rinse in cold water.
- Add noodles, shredded cucumber, tomatoes, radish slices to each bowl. Ladle in chilled soy milk. Top with toasted sesame seeds and sprouts to serve. Season with additional salt to taste.