By Chef Ella Freyinger
- 4 oz mixed mushrooms, broken into chunks
- 1⁄2 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp olive oil and mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms have begun to brown. Add the shallot, thyme and salt. Cook for another 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the stove and stand to the side as you pour in the vinegar. Add the remaining olive oil and stir to combine. Transfer to a bowl and set aside at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to assemble, strain the mushrooms.