By Varsha Mathur
- 1 bunch of spinach (washed)
- 1⁄2 bunch of dino kale (washed)
- 1⁄2 bunch of green chard (washed)
- 1 jalapeno
- 5 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 inch piece of ginger* (grated)
- 1 pack of baby potatoes (about 20 small potatoes)*
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp of fresh whole cream
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric
- 1⁄2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a food processor, add the spinach, kale, chard, and jalapeno, and
chop finely. Once chopped, take out and place in a bowl.
- Take the baby potatoes, prick them a little with a fork, and pan fry them
with a little salt until they are almost cooked. Alternatively you can
roast the potatoes as well.
- Take a pan, add all the oil, when the oil gets warm, add cumin seeds,
when they splutter, add the onion. Let the onion brown a little and then
add ginger and garlic. Once they cook a little, add the spices; turmeric,
garam masala, and salt.
- Now add the chopped greens and mix together. Let it simmer, covered
for 5 minutes and add the potatoes and 1⁄2 cup of water to it. Stir
everything, cover and let cook for 20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes seem cooked enough, transfer everything to a bowl
and garnish it with a drizzle of cream and serve.