By Varsha Mathur
- 2 cups of Basmati rice
- 1⁄2 cup of frozen peas
- 1⁄2 tsp of cumin seeds
- 3 cardamom pods (smashed open)
- 1⁄2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of salt (or as per taste)
- 2 tsp of Ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water or vegetable stock
- Wash and soak basmati rice for half an hour.
- Over a flame, add Ghee to a pot and warm. Once the ghee gets hot,
add cumin seeds. Once the cumin seeds splutter, add frozen peas,
cardamom, black pepper, and salt.
- Now add water, or vegetable stock and let cook until it starts to boil.
Now add the rice, and cover the pot.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes and reduce heat to low. Let the rice simmer for 10
minutes until all the water is absorbed into the rice.
- Turn off the heat and leave the pot covered for a few minutes. Uncover
the pot and fluff the pulao with a fork. The rice is now ready to serve.