By Chrissy Teigen
Ingredients For the fruit
- Unsalted butter, for greasing the pan
- 5 pounds apples
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Ingredients For the oat topping
- 1 1/3 cup oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt2/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, slightly softened and cut into pieces
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, for serving
Prepare the fruit:
- 1. Heat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-x-13-inch baking dish with butter and set aside
- 2. Core and thinly slice the apples.
- 3. Toss the fruit with lemon juice, cornstarch, sugar, and cinnamon.
- 4. Dump into the prepared baking dish.
Prepare the oat topping:
- 1. Thoroughly mix together all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl with a fork.
- 2. Add the butter and pinch it with your fingers until the topping is in smallish clumps. Scatter the topping over the fruit.
Bake and serve:
- 1. Bake until juices are bubbling around the edges and the topping is golden, 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- 2. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.