By Chef Ella Freyinger
- 4 citrus fruits, peeled and sliced 1⁄4” thick
- 1 head radicchio, torn into
- large pieces
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pitted castlevatrano olives
- 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 4 tablespoons fresh citrus juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a blender place the citrus juice, vinegar, dijon, salt and a pinch of black pepper.
- Using the bottom of a flat glass, gently smash the olives and tear
them in half.
- On a large platter, layer the citrus, radicchio, red onion, dates and walnuts. Season very lightly with salt between each layer.
- Drizzle the dressing evenly over the salad and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Top with parmesan cheese.