By Chef Ella Freyinger
- 3 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 11⁄2 cups chopped peppermint candy
- 1⁄2 stick soft butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 tsp peppermint extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 340° F.
- Melt 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave on defrost until
completely melted and warm to touch.
- In a stand-up mixer using the paddle attachment, combine the soft butter
and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time. Scrape the bottom of the bowl to
incorporate. Add the vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and add to the mixture. Add the melted
chocolate and combine.
- Remove the bowl from the stand-up mixer and fold in the remaining
chocolate chips by hand. Fold in 1⁄2 cup peppermint pieces. Reserve the
remaining peppermint pieces to place on top of the cookies before baking.
- Refrigerate the dough for 10 minutes.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and place scoops of dough onto the
pan. Press the remaining peppermint pieces into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Turn the pan around and bake for another 3 minutes.