By Varsha Mathur
- 1 cup of chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp Paneer (grated)
- 1⁄2 tsp of cumin powder
- 1⁄4 tsp of Asafoetida powder
- 1⁄2 tsp of garam masala
- 1⁄4 tsp of chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsp of salt
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp of chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 tsp of finely grated ginger
- 5 chopped mint leaves
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1⁄2 minced green jalapeno (seeds
- In a bowl mix the following: chickpea flour, cumin powder, asafoetida
powder, garam masala, chili powder, juice of half lemon,1 tsp salt, grated ginger. Add small amounts of water until it forms a thin crepe batter.
- In a separate bowl, mix Paneer with chopped cilantro, mint leaves, 1⁄2 tsp salt, 1⁄2 minced jalapeno.
- Leave batter to rest for an hour.
- After an hour, stir batter again, if it looks too thick add a tbsp of water.
- Then take a nonstick griddle, and add a tsp of oil. When that heats up
a bit, add a spoonful of batter and move it all around so it forms a thin
crepe. Let it cook on medium flame until it leaves the surface of the pan,
and flip it over and cook again. Once cooked, add the paneer mixture on top and spread it on the crepe. Let it cook for a few minutes, fold it into half, and serve it hot with some spicy green chutney.