By Chef Jo Ann Kim
Makes about 16 oz
- 3 cup rose petals, gently packed
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 t pectin, pomona brand
- 1/4 t salt
- Wash rose petals and combine with water into a medium pot.
- Bring to a simmer. Add 1 cup of sugar, salt and lemon juice, stirring to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together pectin and 1 tablespoon of sugar. A bit at a time, sprinkle in pectin sugar over the rose jam, stirring as you go to slowly incorporate the pectin.
- Stir jam over a gentle simmer for 15-20 minutes. Pour into sterilized jars and keep in the fridge when cooled.