By Chef Jo Ann Kim
- 3 cups Red Cabbage, shredded
- 2/3 cup Carrots, shredded
- 2/3 cup Radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 Red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Scallion, thinly bias-cut
- 1 Celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 1/2-2 tsp Rock salt
- 1/4-1/3 cup Water
- Olive oil to finish
- Mix together vegetables in a large bowl. In a jar, whisk together brine. Add brine and let slaw sit for twenty minutes.
- Stuff slaw, compacting as you go into a clean jar with lid. Make sure to press down the slaw when finished to ensure the brine covers over all the vegetables.
- Close lid and let sit at cool room temperature for 24-48 hours.
- Toss with a splash of olive oil to serve.