By Chef Ella Freyinger
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for surface
- 1⁄2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1⁄4” cubes
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream, plus more for brushing
- 2 bars Raspberry-rose chocolates, chopped
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- Raw cane sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 375° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour in a large bowl until combined and set aside. Add butter and toss to coat. Using your fingers, work butter into flour by flattening each piece between your thumb and pointer finger.
- Make a well in the center; add eggs and cream to the center and mix, incorporating dry ingredients a little at a time, until shaggy dough forms. Add the chocolate and raspberries and fold together 2-3 times to loosely incorporate.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and fold over itself 3-4 times to incorporate remaining flour. The dough will seem dry. Roll out the dough until 1” thick. Making sure to keep it as square as possible.
- Cut into 12 squares by making 2 cuts in one direction and 3 cuts in the perpendicular direction. Transfer to a baking sheet and brush dough with cream and sprinkle liberally with sugar.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Enhance your pleasure by serving with butter and raspberry jam.