By Chefs Pranav Sinha and Meghna Khanna
1⁄2 lb Paneer (preferably homemade) cut in about 1⁄2 inch size cubes
3⁄4 cup peas
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 bay leaf
1⁄2 inch cinnamon stick
1 whole green cardamoms
1 cup onions finely chopped
1 cup tomatoes finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp olive oil
1⁄2 tbsp ghee
1⁄2 cup water
- If using store bought paneer, soak in warm water for 20 minutes before you begin the recipe.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and ghee in a pot/pan on medium heat. Once the oil
is hot, add cumin seeds, cinnamon stick and bay leaf. Sauté until the
spices are fragrant and the cumin seeds start to sputter. Add the
onion. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the onions are light brown and
soft. Add ginger garlic paster and sauté for at least one minute. Add
the chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric, chili powder and coriander and
- Cook till the tomatoes are mushy and oil should begin to separate.
- Add rinsed peas to this mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining oil to another pan. Add paneer cubes and let it brown
for 2 to 3 minutes. Add paneer to the sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes
Add water without making the gravy too diluted. Cook for a few
minutes until the gravy thickens. Add chopped coriander leaves for
garnish. Remove from cooktop. Serve hot with Rice or Naan.