By Chef Jo Ann Kim
- 1 small banana blossom, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 small green papaya or 1/2 green mango, shredded
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 golden beet, shredded
- 1/3 cup tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup radicchio, shredded
- 1 small shallot, sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- 1 tbsp roasted jungle nuts, chopped
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce, or tamari
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 thai chili, deseeded and minced
- 1 small garlic, minced
- Soak banana blossom in a bowl with iced water and 1/2 lime, juiced. Set aside for twenty minutes. Squeeze out excess moisture and set blossoms aside.
- Fry shallots in oil until crisp, and let cool on paper towel.
- Make dressing. Then together salad vegetables and blossoms in a large bowl along with dressing, topping with fried shallots to serve.