- PICKLED VEGETABLES
- 1 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 8 oz. small carrots, baby turnips, and/or Chioggia beets, shaved on a mandoline (about 2 cups)
- SALAD AND ASSEMBLY
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 cups mixed tender greens (such as mizuna, tatsoi, arugula, dandelion greens, and/or sorrel)
- ¼ cup tender herb leaves and blossoms (such as tarragon or mint)
- Bring vinegar, sugar, and salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add vegetables; let contents sit until just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, and vinegar in a small bowl; season vinaigrette with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired.
- Toss vinaigrette, greens, and herbs in a large bowl. Add pickled vegetables to salad.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.