By Chef Ella Freyinger
- 4 cups chopped green garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into 1” pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cashews (soaked in water overnight)
- 1 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 bunch radishes
- 1⁄4 tsp ground coriander
- 1⁄4 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄4 tsp caraway seeds
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the green garlic and cook, stirring often, until translucent. Add the vegetable broth, potatoes, cashews and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil and then immediately reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Leaving on any leaves, cut radishes in half lengthwise. Place on a sheet tray, toss with olive oil, coriander, cumin and caraway. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until the leaves become crispy. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In 2 cup increments, transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Hot liquids expand more than cold, blending this way will ensure there is not a soup explosion in your kitchen! Transfer back into a stockpot with vinegar and stir to make sure the flavor is consistent. Season with additional salt, if needed.
- Divide soup into bowls and garnish with roasted radishes and olive oil. Enjoy with a beautiful crusty bread.