Turbot with Cabbage Oysters and Caper Sauce
- CAPER SAUCE
- 1 quart double cream
- 1 quart whole milk
- 2 cups pasteurized egg yolks
- 7 oz salted capers, soaked, rinsed and pureed
- 1 small head savoy cabbage
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- GREEN SAUCE
- 7 oz spinach
- 1 ¼ oz sorrel
- 1 ¼ oz chard
- 1 oz savoy cabbage
- Shrimp stock as needed
- 4 portions turbot fillet (about 1 ½ lb total) salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp french thyme leaves minced
- Whole capers rinsed and drained
- Oysters (shucked)
- For caper sauce, whisk together all the ingredients, strain through a sieve, divide among individual serving plates and cook at 185F in a steam injected oven for 9 minutes.
- For the cabbage, remove the 8 previous leaves and leave whole. Julienne the remaining cabbage. Blanch both the leaves and julienne in salted water until tender, then shock them with iced water, blot dry, toss with oil and set aside.
- For the green sauce, blanch all the greens separately. Puree the greens very smooth and add enough shrimp stock to create the consistency of a sauce.
- For the turbot, season the fish with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in a skillet, add the thyme leaves and brown the fish on both sides in the butter.
- In the center of the plate, arrange some of the julienned cabbage on top of the caper sauce. Carefully drizzle a ring of green sauce around the caper sauce. Place a portion of fish in front of each serving of julienne cabbage. Garnish with whole cabbage leaves, the capers and oysters.