By Chef Jo Ann Kim
- 2 lbs tomato, chopped
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp tarragon or basil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Chartreuse
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp basil seed topping
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 cup water
- Toss together tomatoes and 1 tsp salt together and place in a colander over a large mixing bowl.
- Leave for 5 hours to overnight.
- Save juice for another use.
- Blend tomatoes, tarragon, sugar, 1/4 tsp salt and orange zest together until smooth. Cook in a medium pot, simmering for 20-25 minutes until thickened.
- Whisk in olive oil, chartreuse and chill tomato base until very cold.
- Spin in an ice cream maker to manufacturers directions. Meanwhile, mix basil seed with water and honey until plumped.
- Spoon over chilled tomato sorbet when serving.