By Chef Ella Freyinger
- 1 small summer melon, seeded and peeled
- 1 bunch purslane, picked and cleaned
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 oz feta, crumbled
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place a skillet over medium heat and pour enough oil to reach about ¼ inch depth. Line a plate with paper towels.
- Once the oil begins to ripple and is hot add the rosemary leaves.
- Make sure to stand back as the moisture in the herbs can cause some splattering.
- Fry them for 5-10 seconds and remove with a fine mesh spider or strainer. Repeat with the sliced garlic. Reserve and save the oil.
- Cut the melon in ½” pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add the purslane and feta.
- Add the red wine vinegar and drizzle in a few tablespoons of the reserved oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Transfer to a platter and garnish with the fried rosemary and garlic.
- Enjoy! Tag our Chef @chefellafreyinger in your creations!